st: RE: re: tosql datatypes

From   "Hendri Adriaens" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: re: tosql datatypes
Date   Wed, 13 Jun 2007 20:40:04 +0200

Hi Kit,

> I should rewrite the guts of the routine in Mata, which would speed
> it up considerably. I will look into doing that; should be quite
> straightforward.

Ok, sounds good, thanks!

> In the meanwhile note Maarten's suggestion to 'recast' your variables
> as desired (although SQL may not have a 'long' datatype, you can
> easily do a global search/replace of 'long' to 'bigint' on the SQL
> command file).

Yeah, I replace all floats with int now (which is still big enough), but I
will probably have to redo the export as we are still working on the
dataset, and I need to do it also for more datasets. So it would be
convenient if there would be an interface to it in tosql, if you have time
and like the idea of course :)

Thanks, best,
-Hendri.