st: the future of the Stata graph editor?

From   David Airey <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: the future of the Stata graph editor?
Date   Fri, 8 Jun 2007 07:27:59 -0500

.

The contents of the graph editor have to be live, relative to the graphs in other windows. What does this mean for the future features? Brushing and slicing and data point identification EDA features?

I have grant money lined up to purchase Stata 10/MP, and will certainly give opinions.

Things I think missing are from the upgrade are:

(1) unicode support; this has gone unanswered on the list so we can assumed it is going to be added soon
(2) unequal variances in groups using xtmixed; more than once in the book Linear Mixed Models from the Stata book store did Stata come up short relative to Proc Mixed or R NLME with regard to modeling variances--it has been reported this will be added to xtmixed but it seems binary and count dependent variables have taken precedence

-Dave

--
David C. Airey, Ph.D.
Research Assistant Professor