RE: st: RE: Normalized Gini coeffient for Negative Income values

From   "Osman Suliman" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: Normalized Gini coeffient for Negative Income values
Date   Thu, 7 Jun 2007 12:59:25 -0400

 Thank you v. much

Os

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of G�l �NAL
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 4:19 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: RE: Normalized Gini coeffient for Negative Income values

Hi Nick and all,
Thank you for your comments. There is a specific method suggested in Chen et. al's paper.  I wondered if anyone in this list used it at all. It is used in some research publications by the US Department of Agriculture :

Ashok K. Mishra, Hisham S. El-Osta, Mitchell J. Morehart, James D.
Johnson, and Jeffrey W. Hopkins (2002) Income, Wealth, and the Economic Well-Being of Farm Households. Agricultural Economic Report No. (AER812) 77 pp, July 2002

for those who may be interested here is the link:
http://www.ers.usda.gov/publications/aer812/

It seems common practice among agricultural economists to use an adjusted Gini, but I guess there is not many on the list :), Yours, Gul

G�l �NAL
Ph.D. Candidate,
Economics, Umass, Amherst