Re: st: intraclass correlation of slope/coeff ??

From   "Jacki Buros" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: intraclass correlation of slope/coeff ??
Date   Tue, 29 May 2007 17:54:05 -0400

Correcting and to some extent summarizing myself, having run the
following two commands:

. xtmixed measurement time || patient: time || artery: time

and

. xtmixed measurement time || patient: time, cov(uns) || artery: time, cov(uns)
Is it fair to say that the ICC of the slope (change over time) across
the arteries within patient is the following

   (1) ICC = Var(coeff_time)patient / [Var(coeff_time)artery + Var(coeff_time)patient]
And that if estimates come from the first model the ICC is
"unadjusted" and that, using the second model, the estimates are
"adjusted for correlations between intercepts and slopes at patient-
and artery-levels"?

Earlier I had suggested that the unadjusted ICC for the slope across
arteries within a patient might be estimated from a model with
unstructured covariance matrix but upon 5 minutes' reflection I now
believe that the unadjusted ICC may be better estimated as above.

Thoughts? Sorry to post twice, thanks very much again for your time.

Jacki