Re: st: installation problems in Vista

From   Alan Riley <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: installation problems in Vista
Date   Sat, 28 Apr 2007 17:15:06 -0500

Anjum ([email protected]) is having problems installing Stata under
Windows Vista:
> I've just got a new laptop with Vista Home Premium. When I try to instal Stata9
> intercooled (purchased Dec 2006) it gives me this error message:
>
> Error 1303. The installation has insufficient privileges to access this
> directory:
> C:\\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_Microsoft.VC80.OpenMP_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.5-727.42_x-ww_40f01e47.
> The installation cannot continue. Log on as administrator or contact your system
> administrator.
>

> I was not even installing it in the program files. Anyone had the same problem
> in a fresh install? Please help. Thanks.

Anjum must have a Stata installation CD that was produced before Windows
Vista was available for testing.  Anjum should contact Stata Technical
Services at [email protected] with his Stata serial number and
description of the problem so that they can help him obtain an updated
Stata installation program.

Another common problem Windows Vista users encounter is Vista's overly-
parental security settings.  Vista's security "features" can interfere
with Stata's ability to update itself.  If Vista users encounter any
problems when trying to update Stata, they should read the following FAQ:

   http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/win/vista_update.html

--Alan
([email protected])