st: RE: installation problems in Vista

From   "Cynthia Fontanella" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: installation problems in Vista
Date   Sat, 28 Apr 2007 13:56:27 -0400

I also recently purchased a new computer and have terrible problems with the
vista system. With regard to installing stata on your computer, you need to
download the patch which can be found on their website.

Cynthia

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
[email protected]
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2007 1:37 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: installation problems in Vista

I've just got a new laptop with Vista Home Premium. When I try to instal
Stata9
intercooled (purchased Dec 2006) it gives me this error message:

Error 1303. The installation has insufficient privileges to access this
directory:
C:\\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_Microsoft.VC80.OpenMP_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.5-727.42
_x-ww_40f01e47.
The installation cannot continue. Log on as administrator or contact your
system
administrator.

I was not even installing it in the program files. Anyone had the same
problem
in a fresh install? Please help. Thanks.

Anjum