Re: st: Newbie type question

From   "Neil Shephard" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Newbie type question
Date   Wed, 7 Mar 2007 22:56:49 +0000

On 3/7/07, Morrison Hodges <[email protected]> wrote:
This is a beginner's question, I'm sure, but I have not been able to do what
I want to do.
I have a lot of files generated by a separate custom program, all in the
form of *.rtdata. The * denotes the mnemonic for the patient's name. I want
to do some data studies on each file, and have started a .do file to do
that. The .do file name is rtanalysis, and a sample patient file is
smith.rtdata. I would like to type:

"do rtanalalysis smith"

and have the do file open the file "smith.rtdata" and do the analysis I have
written. Can anyone help? Thanks
In the call...

. do rtanalsysis smith

the "smith" part is an argument, and you can refer to arguments by
their indexed value, so wherever you would want to use the patients
name in the do-file you should use `1' in your do-file.

In the manuals I have to hand this is in [U] 19.6.1 (but they are an
old v6 set so this may have changed in newer versions).

Neil

--
"Every great advance in natural knowledge has involved the absolute
rejection of authority."  - Thomas H. Huxley

Email - [email protected] / [email protected]
Website - http://slack.ser.man.ac.uk/