st: Newbie type question

From   "Morrison Hodges" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Newbie type question
Date   Wed, 7 Mar 2007 15:58:45 -0600

This is a beginner's question, I'm sure, but I have not been able to do what
I want to do.
I have a lot of files generated by a separate custom program, all in the
form of *.rtdata. The * denotes the mnemonic for the patient's name. I want
to do some data studies on each file, and have started a .do file to do
that. The .do file name is rtanalysis, and a sample patient file is
smith.rtdata. I would like to type:

"do rtanalalysis smith"

and have the do file open the file "smith.rtdata" and do the analysis I have
written. Can anyone help? Thanks

Morry Hodges

Morrison Hodges, MD
Professor Emeritus of Medicine
University of Minnesota

Senior Investigator
Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation

612-863-3766
612-863-2490 (fax)
612-889-7695 (mobile)
612-654-8087 (pager)

[email protected]
http://www.mplsheartfoundation.org

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable
man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all

George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)
Irish writer