st: RE: Newbie type question

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Newbie type question
Date   Wed, 7 Mar 2007 22:08:16 -0000

Argument passing is covered in the manuals at [U] 16.6.1.

You don't say what kind of files have .rtdata
extension. If they were really Stata files
like .dta files, then

args filename
use `filename'.rtdata

would be one way to do it. But they don't sound
like .dta files at all. If not, then you
will need to read them in some other way.

Morrison Hodges