Re: Re: st: xline

From   n j cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: Re: st: xline
Date   Wed, 31 Jan 2007 17:43:13 +0000

Sorry to hear about your health problems.

On the help, I don't know why I specified

axis label options

except for a lazy guess that -xline()- is
documented alongside -xlabel()-. The pertinent
entry is

added line options

Sorry about that.

You have a good specific question on how you find that when
you start with the name -xline()-. You might try -hsearch-.

Eric G. Wruck

Regarding the online _help_, I looked for that, first by trying _help xline_ but then also in wandering around the graph help & never could find anything on xline. After reading your eMail, Nick, I tried

help axis_label_options

& couldn't find anything on xline there either. Granted, I still would have needed the non-trick trick, but I have to say that searching the on-line help was frustrating (perhaps too because I've gotten a bit rusty with Stata due to health issues over the past year or more).

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/