st: Trouble constructing a table...

From   "MA V" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Trouble constructing a table...
Date   Fri, 26 Jan 2007 02:52:14 +0000

Hi all--
I am trying to construct a table but I wonder if I have to change the arrangement of my dataset in order to get the desired table...

This is a sample of the data:
cohort; type; variable; true; estimated
1 A 1 0.5 0.55
1 B 1 0.7 0.76
1 A 2 0.2 0.23
1 B 2 0.1 0.11
2 A 1 0.5 0.52
2 B 1 0.7 0.74
2 A 2 0.2 0.26
2 B 2 0.1 0.13

(cohort, type and variable are all categorical variables)

I am trying to construct a table with the following configuration:
rows (2 rows): type (A,B) [in the complete dataset I have 15 cohorts: A,B,C,D,...]
columns (6 columns): True_variable1, True_variable2, Estimated_variable1(mean), Estimated_variable2(sd), Estimated_variable2(mean), Estimated_variable2(sd)

I tried using tabstat and tablemat but none of these options seems to provide what I need.
Suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks,
MA

Turn searches into helpful donations. Make your search count. http://click4thecause.live.com/search/charity/default.aspx?source=hmemtagline_donation&FORM=WLMTAG