st: Re: adding lines to multiple histograms - revisited -

From   "Joel J. Adamson" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: adding lines to multiple histograms - revisited -
Date   Wed, 24 Jan 2007 15:08:35 -0500

Steven Gorl� writes:
 > Dear,
 >
 > Maybe you can make the graphs seperatly and combine the graphs with
 >
 > graph combine hist1 hist2 hist3 hist4 hist5 hist6 hist7 and so on.
 >
 > This might simplify the multiple scaling issue. But maybe there are more
 > elegant solutions.

Good suggestion: I would suggest using a looping command,
e.g. foreach, to make the graphs, and in each loop specify the graph
characteristics you want based on the data:

program dographs
foreach graph in `graphlist' {
  local max = <whatever stuff you want to use to determine the max>
  <graphing commands>
}
graph combine
end

I have done this sort of routine myself.

Joel
--
Joel J. Adamson
Biostatistician

THE INFORMATION TRANSMITTED IN THIS ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE PERSON OR ENTITY TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR PRIVILEGED MATERIAL.  ANY REVIEW, RETRANSMISSION, DISSEMINATION OR OTHER USE OF OR TAKING OF ANY ACTION IN RELIANCE UPON, THIS INFORMATION BY PERSONS OR ENTITIES OTHER THAN THE INTENDED RECIPIENT IS PROHIBITED.  IF YOU RECEIVED THIS INFORMATION IN ERROR, PLEASE CONTACT THE SENDER AND THE PRIVACY OFFICER, AND PROPERLY DISPOSE OF THIS INFORMATION.