Re: st: RE: A wish list for Statalist

Subject   Re: st: RE: A wish list for Statalist
Date   Thu, 04 Jan 2007 12:38:32 -0500

At 08:42 AM 1/4/2007, David Elliott wrote:
Neil

While I applaud you initiative, I think you may be getting ahead of
where we may wish to go. (Or as my grandfather used to say when I
rushed into something, "you are a bit previous") If this is to be done
Personally, I second Nick's comment - "no one should feel in any way inhibited or prohibited from setting up their own list/forum/blog for discussion of Stata in their own way. Show us!"

My own feeling is that Neil should just go ahead if he wants. The worst that happens is that nobody uses the thing. If it is crummy, it will either be ignored or inspire someone to do it better. I assume someone could set up a different Stata Wiki if they wanted to, couldn't they? Unless Statacorp wants to leap in with an opinion or says it will do it on its own, individuals should feel pretty much free to do what they want (keeping in mind that they may be wasting a lot of time if what they want isn't something that appeals to other people).

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]