Re: st: RE: A wish list for Statalist

From   "Neil Shephard" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: A wish list for Statalist
Date   Thu, 4 Jan 2007 15:26:59 +0900

On 1/4/07, Nick Cox <[email protected]> wrote:

1. Brainstorming about what does not work very well
and what might work better is all interesting and worthwhile,
but the suggestions I have seen so far involve
other people doing more work -- and no volunteers to help --
indeed explicit denials of intention to get more involved.

..
3. The name Statalist has been grabbed, but no one should feel in any
way inhibited or prohibited from setting up their own list/forum/blog
for discussion of Stata in their own way. Show us!
I've gone ahead and applied for a wiki at http://www.openserving.com
that I've imaginatively named "Stata Wiki".  Its taking a while for
them to process account applications at the moment, but when its all
set up I shall let the list know the URL so they can add content.

In the meantime if people want to mail thoughts on structure then that
would be handy.  David Elliot has provided a start.  Although it was
for forums as he indicates it would work well for a wiki.