Re: st: Do I use survey? with suest? Follow-up question

From   Pura Rayco-Solon <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Do I use survey? with suest? Follow-up question
Date   Sun, 17 Dec 2006 22:16:38 -0800 (PST)

Dear Steve,

Thanks so much! That worked beautifully!

I do have a follow-up question on surveys, though.
Should my svyset look like this:
svyset, strata(group)
meaning, I don't have weights or clusters?

Or should it say this:
svyset [iw=villageweight], strata(group) psu(city)
meaning,
1. the size of the village is the weight because the
probablility of choosing a woman from that village was
proportional to the village population size, and,
2. the cities are the clusters?

The weighting does not make a difference on either the
point estimate nor the standard error but the
clustering does (and the difference becomes
non-significant). Which one should I use?

Thank you again for the help,
Pura

*****
We did a reseach using a controlled before-and-after
quasi-experimental design, but with a different set of
subjects at endline. How do I analyse this data?

Two provinces were chosen, one as control area and the
other as experimental area.