Re: st: RE: log to the base 2

From   "Raphael Fraser" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: log to the base 2
Date   Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:29:07 -0500

Base 2 is probably the most widely used base in applied statistics.
One reason is that it makes interpretation of your model so much
easier. I suspect this has not come up in FAQ because users simply
calculate the base themselves.

My idea of a log function would be something like this: log(x, y).
Which would read, "log of x base y." Not to create a function for
every base. This is what I was looking for initially.

I guess it wouldn't hurt if I write a small program.

Raphael