RE: st: Stata vs SPSS

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Stata vs SPSS
Date   Mon, 16 Oct 2006 16:53:18 +0100

Turn and turn about, official Stata is also, remember,
mostly available through menus and dialogs. Thus while
researchers generally are very positive about the command-line
interface, it is not compulsory -- unless you are using
most user-written commands and are reluctant to write
your own dialogs.

I virtually never use the Stata GUI even --
so can people knowing both say how SPSS and Stata
compare in ease of GUI use?