Re: st: Making a single table of frequencies for multiple variables

From   Ian Watson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Making a single table of frequencies for multiple variables
Date   Fri, 13 Oct 2006 08:21:45 -0700

Rachel

You have at least two options:

-tabstat- can be used with the count statistic, which
essentially produces frequencies.

check out -tabout- (ssc describe tabout) which will produce
"panels" of multiple variables with frequency counts (as well
as other stats). It will also produce tab delimited
output making it easier for you to import into Excel.

Regards
Ian Watson

Rachel wrote:

I'm doing a cluster analysis and and want to look at frequencies for a
list of 25+ variables for each of six groups.  It's easiest for me to
export the results to Excel and look at them there, so it would be
easiest to get a single table of frequencies.

But tab1 gives a separate table for each variable. Tabstat does give a
table like the one I want, but it shows only summary statistics and
not frequencies.

Does anyone know an option or command that will let me do this?

Thanks,
Rachel