st: RE: new user

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: new user
Date   Fri, 6 Oct 2006 10:24:14 +0100

As a new user, welcome!

There is no way that you can use Stata without
using any commands! If this is what you want,
turn back now.

Alternatively, you may mean that you want to
use menus and dialogs. That choice is open
to you, although with very few exceptions it
will mean that user-written additions to
Stata are unavailable to you.

The StataCorp website carries
details of many books on Stata, including
several aimed at the beginner.

http://www.stata.com/bookstore/statabooks.html

In addition, new members of Statalist are
advised to read the Statalist FAQ before
posting. That FAQ explains that Stata is
so spelled, not as "STATA". Evidently you did not get
that far in the FAQ....

Anamika Barua