Re: st: testing for optimal lag in garch

From   Robert A Yaffee <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: testing for optimal lag in garch
Date   Wed, 30 Aug 2006 15:21:53 -0400

Olga,
  When you have too many parameters so that you have a flat or non-concave
likelihood surface, you have parameterized.  In this case, some of the
parameters may be redundant and/or others may be non-significant when
that happens.
  - You're welcome,

Robert A. Yaffee, Ph.D.
Research Professor