Re: Re: st: Two points of procedure: informative titles, difficultiesinposting

From   n j cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: Re: st: Two points of procedure: informative titles, difficultiesinposting
Date   Wed, 07 Jun 2006 14:49:44 +0100

I guess this just shows that whatever we
do we can't cut out all Junk mail....

P.S. I did say "usually".

Junk <[email protected]>

As regards [2. Difficulties in posting], I would note that the
primary reason I have occasionally posted something twice is
because, whereas your FAQ clearly states I must post from the
account that I am subscribed under (which is standard for such
mailing lists), I find that often my postings from a separate,
non-subscribed account also get through. If I inadvertently
post from the non-subscribed account, and don't see it for a
while, I will repost from the subscribed account with the standard
comment. Sometimes both postings show up, sometimes just the second
one.

Nick Cox wrote:

I have noticed a couple of recurrent small difficulties
in recent postings.

<...>

2. Difficulties in posting
==========================

A fairly common comment is that you tried posting
something before, but are not sure that it got through. This comment should not usually be necessary. If something got through, it will be visible in the archives. Almost always, this will be within minutes
of posting. (The Harvard archives have a shorter response time than the StataCorp archives.) So, please check in the archives first.
The most common single reason that something
did not get through is that you sent your
posting in HTML or some other disapproved format.
Having said, HTML and similar _do_ sometimes
get through. Don't ask me why, as I don't know. But if you are in doubt about what you are sending, then, again, checking in the archives will show you.
As always, these and many other recommendations
are detailed in the FAQ (URL below my signature).
*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/