st: RE: "Crude" Random Effects Estimates

From   "Dean DeRosa" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: "Crude" Random Effects Estimates
Date   Thu, 1 Jun 2006 08:14:11 -0400

Rodrigo and Steve,

Thank you for your replies to my posts regarding tenable approaches to
deriving "constrained" RE estimates. I find the Thomas Plumper-Vera Troeger
(2004) paper on estimating time-invariant variables in FE models
particularly appealing because it follows a similar vein as I had in mind,
but adds statistical rigor and an available Stata .ado routine to boot. I
highly commend the paper and routine to others working with FE vs. RE models
and panel data sets, for consideration and further evaluation.

http://scholar.google.com/url?sa=U&q=http://www.soz.unibe.ch/studium/ws0506/
downloads/Plumper%2520paper-fixed%2520effects%2520PAFE_59_l.pdf

Regards,

Dean DeRosa