st: RE: RE: "Crude" Random Effects Estimates

Subject   st: RE: RE: "Crude" Random Effects Estimates
Date   Thu, 1 Jun 2006 13:27:59 +0100

Dean, Rodrigo,

I saw Rodrigo's post, was intrigued, and read the paper, and to be
honest I had trouble understanding what they were proposing.  I couldn't
work out what orthogonality conditions their estimator used that aren't
used by the within, between or random effects estimator.  Can you help
here?

Also, I thought it would be helpful to compare their proposed estimator
to the between estimator; they look closely related.  The former is the
standard estimator for getting at effects caused by characteristics that
are constant within groups.

Just my 0.02!

Cheers,
Mark