Re: st: RE: stset with multiple spells

From   Juan Manuel Jauregui <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: stset with multiple spells
Date   Tue, 25 Apr 2006 11:27:09 -0700

Thank you all for your answers but I'm sorry to say that the problem remains
unsolved, by now. I certainly stset it as multiple failure data, but the thing
is that I am not able to set the analysis time to 0 for when the individual
begins a second period at risk after being not at risk.

Austin: I think I'll do the shared frialty model. The number of episodes are
something interesting to look at. I still need to think about how to define the
episodes to be counted. Very likely I'd like to define them differently. But I
thank you that you brought this up because I will seriously consider it in a
second round of study of this data.

Sara:  The article you suggest is very interesting and I think I will be
following it in my study. But unfortunately has no mention to my problem, I
think.

Thanks,

Juan Manuel