st: histograms and categorical variable

From   "MA V" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: histograms and categorical variable
Date   Sun, 23 Apr 2006 21:15:28 +0000

Hi--
Maybe there is an easy way of doing this but I was unable to find it...

I have a categorical variable -var1- and I would like to draw an histogram of var2 for each of the levels of this variable var1.

The idea would be to do something like the following (which does not work and is obviously wrong)
"graph histogram var2, by(var1)"

and get a picture with several histograms side by side (one for each level of var1)
Thanks!

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar � get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/

*
* For searches and help try: