RE: st: RE: Changing positive values to negative in Stata

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: Changing positive values to negative in Stata
Date   Thu, 20 Apr 2006 22:10:57 +0100

You are correct. In principle, I posted lousy code.

When Stata does something -if-, then every observation
is tested. In a really big dataset this could
take a while.

On the other hand, doing something -in- will
often need a prior -sort-, and the tradeoff
can be subtle.

With 4000 observations, the difference is
going to be trivial.

Suzy