RE: st: RE: Changing positive values to negative in Stata

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: Changing positive values to negative in Stata
Date   Thu, 20 Apr 2006 22:17:55 +0100

Now, joking aside, you are setting a bad
example here. The condition

scott == exp(1)^c(pi)

is, in practice, only going to catch values of -scott-
that were calculated that way. Equality means exactly
identical values, down to the last bit. It's on
a level with "I will marry someone nice who owns 2,345
books." The conditions, meant to specify a sweet scholar,
in practice narrow the field rather too much. An
inequality would be a better idea.

Maarten buis