st: RE: RE: Another reshape wide question

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Another reshape wide question
Date   Tue, 18 Apr 2006 17:51:05 +0100

Also, check out:

FAQ     . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Replacing missing values
        2/03    How can I replace missing values with previous or
                following nonmissing values?
                http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/data/missing.html

Nick Cox

> You've answered your own question. The answer is No,
> in your circumstances.
>
> Stata is not being awkward: it just doesn't see that
> your proposed -reshape- make sense.

[snip]

> Amber Katz
>
> > Thanks for all the responses to my previous question.  One
> other one:
> > Will Stata let me "reshape" some variables wide and not others (the
> > ones that are time invariant and hence missing in
> observations 2 and 3
> > for each individiual)?  When I try to do this, it tells me
> that those
> > variables are not constant for each person.

[snip]