Re: st: Ordered Probit with Panel Data [reoprob]

From   "Guillaume Frechette" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Ordered Probit with Panel Data [reoprob]
Date   Wed, 12 Apr 2006 15:35:05 +0000

Hi Alice: a few things I would check.

1. Do you have the updated reoprob (from sg158.1 not sg158). If you don't, uninstall the old one and intsall the more recent one?
2. Do you have variations in denentry for each sac?

From: "ALICE DOBSON" <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: Ordered Probit with Panel Data [reoprob]
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 09:15:44 -0400

Thanks Richard. I tried regoprob with the pl option. Although I do not get any error message but I also do not get any results. Should I wait for (say) more than five minutes because Stata is probably running the regression?
Best,
Alice

From: Richard Williams <[email protected]>

Will any reoprob models run? Two other ideas:

version 8.2: reoprob denentry totalpsl inctotpsl ldvolperpsl incldvolperpsl pslperixc incpslperixc c1, i(sac)

2nd idea: Install regoprob, i.e. -ssc install regoprob-. Then try

regoprob denentry totalpsl inctotpsl ldvolperpsl incldvolperpsl pslperixc incpslperixc c1, i(sac) pl

I haven't tried it, but my guess is that regoprob with the pl option produces the same results as reoprob. And, regoprob has been updated more recently.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]