st: RE: RE: parameter handover in .ado file

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: parameter handover in .ado file
Date   Wed, 12 Apr 2006 14:28:39 +0100

As implied in my own simultaneous posting, don't
underestimate the amount of programming documentation
in [U].

While you are ordering [P], subscribe to the Stata
Journal too.

Newson, Roger B

> You need to find out about the -syntax- and -args- commands. In Stata,
> type
>
> whelp syntax
>
> to find more about -syntax-, and
>
> whelp args
>
> to find more about -args-.
>
> The hardcopy documentation is in the Stata Programming Manual
> under -[P]
> syntax-. You should probably read this manual, if you have access to a
> copy. Unfortunately, the Programming Manual is no longer
> shipped as part
> of the base documentation set, and users have to order it
> specially. So
> you may possibly have to do the best you can with the online help.

Steffen Groening