st: Re: How to make graph file smaller

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: How to make graph file smaller
Date   Thu, 30 Mar 2006 12:04:13 +1100

Hi Michael

Thanks. The graph is now one thousandth of its original size (from 8Mb to
8kb in size).

Cheers

Pramod Adhikari

------------------
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 17:15:37 -0500
From: "Michael Blasnik" <[email protected]>
Subject: st: Re: How to make graph file smaller

It sounds like you may have a graph with 50 circles but they are each drawn

thousands of times, creating a very large graph file.  You could try first
just keeping one observation for each combination you wish to graph and
then
issue the graph command:

preserve
bysort seifa_rank ord_rank pop: keep if _n==1
graph....

Michael Blasnik