st: RE: t-test

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: t-test
Date   Tue, 28 Mar 2006 10:29:54 +0100

As far as I can understand this, your problem
sounds like an analysis of variance problem.
It is possible to cycle through t tests for
all distinct pairs of categories, in Stata as in other
software, but it seems
to be generally considered that looking at the problem as
a whole is preferable on a variety of statistical
and scientific grounds.

In any case, doing t-tests separately doesn't make
them independent of each other.

P chrisman