Re: st: multinomial and conditional logit

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: multinomial and conditional logit
Date   Tue, 28 Mar 2006 02:09:43 +0100 (BST)

Irina:
In this case you will have to use a conditional logit (if you had no product characteristics you
could have also used multinomial logit). In Stata the command is -clogit-.
HTH,
Maarten

--- "Paley, Irina" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Standard textbooks such as Wooldridge mention that multinomial logit is a special case of
> conditional logit. Suppose I have different consumers chosing different products. I need to
> estimate the effect of consumers' characteristics and the effect of the products'
> characteristics together in the same regression. How can I tell Stata to do that?

between 1/2/2006 and 31/3/2006 I will be
visiting the UCLA, during this time the
best way to reach me is by email

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam