st: ! / winexec minimized? (Windows XP)

From   Nick Winter <[email protected]>
To   Stata List <[email protected]>
Subject   st: ! / winexec minimized? (Windows XP)
Date   Thu, 23 Mar 2006 12:08:13 -0500

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is a way to invoke an OS command in a *minimized* DOS window (I'm working in Windows XP)?

I have a long script that does a bunch of stuff, including a set of calls to the OS. The annoying thing is that the DOS windows pop up maximized, which mean they are on top of whatever I'm working on while Stata does its thing in the background.

If there is not a way currently, I wonder if StataCorp could make this possible--I would imagine it is possible for Stata to make the call to the OS asking for a minimized window, since various script languages have this option...

Best,
Nick Winter

Nicholas J. G. Winter 607.255.8819 t
Assistant Professor 607.255.4530 f
Department of Government [email protected] e
Cornell University falcon.arts.cornell.edu/nw53 w
308 White Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853-4601

*
* For searches and help try: