Re: st: eps font export

From   Nick Winter <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: eps font export
Date   Thu, 23 Mar 2006 10:08:41 -0500

I've always gone through a maddening trial-and-error process when trying to set the font in eps graph exports. And whenever I get it to work, I always am so frustrated and glad to be done that I don't write down somewhere what worked, so I don't have any quick answer (which may well be dependent on details of installed fonts, anyway.)

But I've had luck with something like:

graph set eps fontface Times-Roman

or

graph set eps fontface TimesRoman

or something like that.

I've found it helpful to open a PDF that has the font I want (as part of the regular text), then see what it is called using File-Document Properties-Fonts in Acrobat.

Hope this helps.

(And I'd love to have someone explain how this all works so I understand conceptually what's going on...so far I've not ever really understood how fonts work, between MS Office programs, TrueType, Type 1, LaTeX, Stata, and Adobe.)

--Nick Winter