st: eps font export

From   Simon Krug <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: eps font export
Date   Thu, 23 Mar 2006 14:40:11 +0100

Dear Statalist,

i’ve a problem with exported eps graphs from stata. I used the “graph set eps fontface Times” command to change the font. Importing the files in MS Word all fonts works well, but during the conversion to pfd my distiller refuses to embed the font:

%%[ Error: Times not found. Font cannot be embedded. ]%%
%%[ Error: invalidfont; OffendingCommand: findfont ]%%

In the created PDF-file the standard font of the Stata console is used instead of Times.
Does Stata use any special font types/format in eps format?

I’m running Win XP and have installed TrueType and PS Fonts.

Thanks,
Simon

--
Simon Krug