st: RE: How can I change the way Stata clusters the yvars in a bar graph?

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: How can I change the way Stata clusters the yvars in a bar graph?
Date   Mon, 20 Mar 2006 22:57:56 -0000

You do not specify exactly what you typed or even what
command you are using. That almost always helps
and never hinders.

I don't know an automated way to do what you want,
but it is not too difficult to knit your own. Here
is a dopey example:

u auto, clear
set scheme s1color
graph bar turn, over(foreign) saving(turn_foreign, replace) asyvars /*
	*/ yla(, ang(h)) legend(off) b2title(turn) ytitle(mean values)
graph bar trunk, over(foreign) saving(trunk_foreign, replace) asyvars /*
	*/ yla(, ang(h)) ysc(off) legend(off) b2title(trunk)
graph combine "turn_foreign" "trunk_foreign", imargin(zero) ycommon row(1) ysize(4) xsize(6)

The first graph should
	specify a -ytitle()-

The second and subsequent graphs should
	suppress the -yscale()-