st: corrupted png files in 64-bit Stata 9 for Windows?

From   "Anders Alexandersson" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: corrupted png files in 64-bit Stata 9 for Windows?
Date   Mon, 20 Mar 2006 12:04:32 -0500

I'm unable to create valid PNG files with -graph export- in 64-bit
Stata 9 for Windows. Is it a bug in 64-bit Stata 9 for Windows?

After I have created a graph, I use -graph export fig1.png, replace-
and Stata creates the file fig1.png and writes the note "(file
fig1.png written in PNG format)". But the file cannot be open in the
latest versions of Internet Explorer or Firefox on my computer using
64-bit Windows XP (x86), service pack 1. It can be open fine with
Windows Picture and Fax Viewer and Windows Explorer displays the
thumbnail picture fine. I do not have this problem of viewing the PNG
file in my web browsers when the file is created using either 32-bit
Stata 9 for Windows or 32-bit Stata 9 for Linux. All my versions of
Stata 9 are updated.

Anders Alexandersson