st: Finally: looping over parallel lists

From   Gawrich Stefan <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Finally: looping over parallel lists
Date   Thu, 16 Mar 2006 15:12:55 +0100

Thank you all for your help on this subject.
The "word # of" in combination with "forvalues" is exactly what I was
looking for.
I spent quite some time searching but didn't manage to find this information
on my own.
(Strange, but Stata's website search engine doesn't show the page "How to
process parallel lists" if you search for "parallel lists")

Ulrich Kohler wrote:
> Do we really need a parallel list here?
>
> forv i = 1/10 {
> 	tmap choro var`i', id(county) title("Disease `i'")
> 	graph export "`i++'.png", replace
> }

It depends... your's is the easiest way to create graphs, but I have to
adjust options and titles individually to get the layout I want.

BTW: I'm very thankful to Maurizio Pisati for creating "tmap". Despite it
has only basic functionality compared to real GIS software, it works fine
for me for a lot of tasks. In combination with parallel lists I get a bunch
of maps layouted and printed in the same time I otherwise would need just to
convert the data into dbf and import it into my gis system. So it really
saves me a lot of hassle and time.

Stefan

Dr. Stefan Gawrich
Hesse State Health Office