RE: st: RE: pie charts

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: pie charts
Date   Wed, 15 Mar 2006 15:52:58 -0000

I can't say anything about your data that
you're not telling me. But if you have 229
different partners in total, then Stata needs 229
ways of representing them, which is what
-graph pie- is telling you. The structure
of your data is not really the issue:
it is how many slices need to be explained
in a graph legend.

What you can do is draw 10 separate graphs,
one for each year, and then use -graph
combine- to put them together. But then
the legends will differ and all hope of
comparability disappears.