Re: st: Stata SE 8.2 and FRITZ!BOX

Subject   Re: st: Stata SE 8.2 and FRITZ!BOX
Date   Wed, 8 Mar 2006 12:00:13 -0500

Not me, but I have one computer that steadfastly refuses to update via
the router that other computers on my home network use, so I update
manually by downloading the new executables and ado-file-zips on the
Stata site:
http://www.stata.com/support/updates/stata9.html
and getting user-written ados from various places, e.g.
http://repec.org/docs/ssc.php
bearing in mind Kit Baum's caution "Windows users should not attempt
to download these files with a web browser."

I wonder: how hard would it be to provide a .zip or .gz version of
each package on SSC?  Or one zipped file including all the packages
updated or added in the prior 2 calendar months, say?  I assume the
creation of such a compressed file could be automated in a relatively
straightforward way...