st: help needed for fixed effects Negative Binominal regression model

From   Xiaojin Chen <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: help needed for fixed effects Negative Binominal regression model
Date   Tue, 7 Mar 2006 12:55:10 -0600

Hello everyone:

I was just added to this list today and would like get some help about fixed
effects negative binominal regression model.

I will be using a longitudinal data such as Adolescent Health. If I want to run
a fixed effects negative binominal regression model, how should the data be
structured? Add Health used the wide format, with each individual having one
line and three variables measuring the same concept at three time points (Add
Health has three waves so far).  I guess I should change it to the long format,
that is, each time point should have one line and each individual should have
three lines. Can I re-structure the data in Stata?

Second, I have no experience in STATA. If anyone has experience using fixed
effects Poisson or negative binominal model, can you share some of the syntax
with me? I checked the manual and it looks it's not too hard, but any help will
be appreciated.

Xiaojin Chen

Dr. Xiaojin Chen
Assistant professor