Re: st: random effects, cluster&robust

From   "Duha Al-Kuwari" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: random effects, cluster&robust
Date   Fri, 03 Mar 2006 16:43:39 +0000

one of stata list.

however, i'm not searching  for the command u suggested

the command you suggested
for fixed effects is
xtreg ldiv1 lgov1 lfc size lsale llev lbeta2 lroe if cou==1, i(com) fe
cluster (com)

and for random effects is :
xtreg ldiv1 lgov1 lfc size lsale llev lbeta2 lroe if cou==1, i(com) re
cluster (com)

but the command i used  for fixed effects is:
 areg ldiv1 lgov1 lfc size lsale llev lbeta2 lroe if country==1, absor(company)
cluster (company)

( which gives me different result than the one you suggested)

and i am searching for  similar to the  latter  command for random effects .

peace
duha

>>> "Austin Nichols" <[email protected]> 03/03/2006 15:37:25 >>>
Do not send any more extremely basic questions that can be answered by
reading the help files to Statalist, unless you want everyone to
ignore your future requests for help.