Re: st: ordering graphs in panels

Subject   Re: st: ordering graphs in panels
Date   Tue, 28 Feb 2006 23:52:28 -0500

I assume (in the absence of any actual info) you are doing something like:
. sysuse auto, clear
. hist price, by(rep78, holes(1) noiyaxes)
but I don't see why you don't want something like
. la def rep78 1 "Title One" 2 "Title Two" 3 "Etc."
. la val rep78 rep78
. hist price, by(rep78, holes(3) noiyaxes)
by which I mean: do you really want an orphaned y-axis on the left?

See also -gr combine- with which you can make a bunch of graphs and
then stick them together in any crazy way.  You could specify
different titles for each, and could probably avoid creating any new
variables.