Re: st: Show significant interactions between different survey questions (Newbie Question)

From   "Clive Nicholas" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Show significant interactions between different survey questions (Newbie Question)
Date   Sat, 25 Feb 2006 01:35:30 -0000 (GMT)

Paul Hurley wrote:

(A warm welcome to Statalist from me, but - in view of your subject
heading - please take note of Nick Cox's comments earlier this week, which
you can read here:

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2006-02/msg00762.html)

[...]

> One part of the survey was a series of questions with likert scale
> disagree).  There were twelve questions.  I want to produce a table with
> twelve rows and twelve columns, and the significance of the interaction
> of two questions in each cell (I think this would be the p value).
>
> Can this be done, and can it be done in Stata ??

Yes, it can: but only if by "interaction" you actually mean "correlation".
If so, try -corr- or -pwcorr, sig-. Hope that helps.

CLIVE NICHOLAS        |t: 0(044)7903 397793
Politics              |e: [email protected]
Newcastle University  |http://www.ncl.ac.uk/geps

Whereever you go and whatever you do, just remember this. No matter how
many like you, admire you, love you or adore you, the number of people
turning up to your funeral will be largely determined by local weather
conditions.