Re: st: Weighted Tables

From   David Lublin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Weighted Tables
Date   Thu, 23 Feb 2006 15:49:47 -0500

Does this just mean that I could also just do

. tab prtvtch lnghoma [aw=dweight]

and I would get the same results as if pweight were allowed with tables?

Thanks also for your suggestions of add-ons--saves me the trouble of
calculating percentages!

David

"Austin Nichols" <[email protected]>
Sent by: [email protected]
02/23/2006 12:15 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: st: Weighted Tables

After reading -help svy-, also try

 . tab prtvtch lnghoma [aw=dweight], row col nofr

since the point estimates are identical using aweights or pweights
(only the standard errors change, as [pw]=[aw]+_robust, roughly), and
the -svy- commands can be much slower in big datasets.

On 2/23/06, Richard Goldstein <[email protected]> wrote:
> look at the -svytab- command
> Rich
>
> David Lublin wrote:
> I am using a dataset (the European Social Survey) where it is important
> weight the data appropriately in order to get the correct results.
. tab prtvtch lnghoma [pw=dweight]
pweight not allowed
r(101);