RE: st: RE: panel ploter

From   "Salvati, Jean" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: panel ploter
Date   Thu, 23 Feb 2006 15:38:36 -0500

> In my last mail I wanted to say that i think that there no
> time variables
>
> I run that command but each country apear many times

This suggests that you have several observations for each country (but
then it is hard to believe that your dataset does nto have a time
dimension).

Since you're only interested in the average growth rate and the initial
value of gdp, you only need one observation per country.

Assuming that x and y are indeed time-invariant, you can try the
following:

bysort country: gen obsindex = _n
twoway scatter y x, mlabel(country) || lfit y x, if obsindex == 1

If x and y are not time-invariant, you may want to look at collapse and
egen if you haven't already done so.

Jean Salvati