Re: st: individuating existing (or missing) years in panel data

From   n j cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: individuating existing (or missing) years in panel data
Date   Tue, 21 Feb 2006 16:19:35 +0000

You don't say what you want this variable to contain
precisely and how it is to be aligned with your
existing data.

David Harrison has already given one guess at what
you want and one solution. Another is to use
-fillin- or -tsfill-.

I am using an unbalanced panel data, where some individuals are missing in certain years. My problem is that I need to know exactly what are the years for which each individual is missing, and the database is too large to proceed simply by inspecting the data...is there a way to generate a new variable, telling the existing (or missing) years for each individual?

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/