RE: st: RE: Saveold option

From   "Mosca, Ilaria" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: Saveold option
Date   Mon, 20 Feb 2006 08:58:53 +0100

Many thanks to Roger and Dave for their help.
Roger's advice has been helpful and, most importantly, it worked!
Ilaria

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: David Harless [mailto:[email protected]]
Verzonden: 17 February 2006 17:51
Aan: [email protected]
Onderwerp: Re: st: RE: Saveold option

Newson, Roger B wrote:
> I think you'll find that, under Stata 9, the -asveold- option  creates

> Stata 8 datasets, not Stata 7 datasets as required by your colleague.
> That is probably why your colleague's Stata 7 is confused.

Dear Statalisters:
I guessed the same thing about saveold, but then checked the help menu
of Stata
9 and found

******************************
     "saveold saves the dataset currently in memory on disk under the
name
     filename in Stata 7 format.

     "If you are using Stata 9 and want to save a file so that it may be
read
     by someone using Stata 8, simply use the save command.  Stata 8 and
Stata
     9 share the same dataset format."

I can't guess the reason for Ilaria's problem (SE to intercooled
perhaps?), but
she should surely be able to get round the problem by following
Professor
Newson's advice.

Dave Harless