RE: st: Structural break

From   "Mariano Alvarez" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Structural break
Date   Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:19:28 -0300

Robert
First of all thank you very much for your mail. I've heard about the rolling
procedure and I thought that there was a command available that performs
that kind of procedure. I am really interested in your release. Thanks
again,

Mariano

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Robert A Yaffee
Sent: Mi�rcoles, 15 de Febrero de 2006 03:55 p.m.
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: Structural break

Mariano,
 Have you investigated the rolling procedure. This will do
rolling window regression or recursive least squares estimation. The
explication of Kit Baum's procedure in the Stata Time Series Reference
manual shows how it can do this. With it you can generate a new data set
which will reveal locations of structural breaks in your data.
 To confirm the significance of such breaks, you can always use the
Chow test.
 - Regards,
     Robert Yaffee

Robert A. Yaffee, Ph.D.